Close Menu
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews

Subscribe to Get Updates

Subscribe to Hollywood Zing and never miss what’s making headlines.

What's Hot

Meghan Markle Dropped From ‘The Gentlemen,’ Her Team Denies It

‘National Treasure 3’ Is ‘Hollywood Real’, Director Confirms

‘Paw Patrol’ Enters Genetic Engineering in Pact With Bioscience Firm

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
HollywoodZing.com
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews
HollywoodZing.com
You are at:Home»Movies»Meghan Markle Dropped From ‘The Gentlemen,’ Her Team Denies It
Movies

Meghan Markle Dropped From ‘The Gentlemen,’ Her Team Denies It

By Hollywood ZIngAugust 22, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
Meghan Markle Dropped From ‘The Gentlemen,’ Her Team Denies It
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

Meghan Markle‘s reported casting in Guy Ritchie‘s The Gentlemen has been withdrawn, according to Tina Brown, who reported that the decision came after intense backlash in the U.K.

In a column published Saturday on Substack, Brown, the former editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair and The New Yorker, wrote, “I learned this morning that the casting of Meghan Markle in season 3 of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen has been withdrawn. The backlash in the UK was so intense, it became untenable to go forward. This does not bode well for Meghan’s acting comeback in the UK.”

The Hollywood Reporter reached out to Markle’s representative and WME, which represents both Markle and Ritchie and didn’t receive comment.

THR also reached out to Brown, who said she stands by her reporting. Brown is the author of two bestselling books about the British royal family.

The report comes a day after THR learned that the Duchess of Sussex was in advanced discussions to join season three of The Gentlemen, which films in the U.K. Her role was being written for the third season, which has not yet been renewed.

Season two of The Gentlemen premieres Sept. 3 and stars Theo James. Ritchie, who created the series, which was adapted from his 2019 film of the same name, met Markle through mutual acquaintances, THR was told. Netflix declined to comment.

Markle’s potential role in The Gentlemen would have marked the Suits star’s return to acting after she stepped away from the profession in 2017 when she got engaged to Prince Harry. The couple recently revealed that they are moving back to the U.K., with Brown reporting that Markle’s potential acting role was a significant factor in the decision.

The couple also have a history with Netflix. After moving to California in 2020, Prince Harry and Markle signed an overall deal with the company, resulting in several docuseries, including Harry & Meghan, Polo, and With Love, Meghan. The deal downgraded to a first-look deal last year. Earlier this year, Netflix announced that it was exiting Markle’s lifestyle brand.

Credit: Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
Previous Article‘National Treasure 3’ Is ‘Hollywood Real’, Director Confirms

Related Posts

‘National Treasure 3’ Is ‘Hollywood Real’, Director Confirms

August 22, 2026

‘Paw Patrol’ Enters Genetic Engineering in Pact With Bioscience Firm

August 22, 2026

‘DAU’ Director Defends Film After Ukraine Backlash

August 22, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Top Posts

James Gray Learned About a Locarno Award. His Wife Mentioned the Trash

August 9, 2026

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

August 9, 2026

Locarno Pro Winners 2026: ‘Spring Story,’ ‘The Surubí,’ ‘Yazz’

August 9, 2026

‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ earns USD 1.67 billion worldwide in just 10 days; ‘The Odyssey’ sets new box office record for Christopher Nolan |

August 9, 2026

15 Best Warner Bros. Movies Of All Time, Ranked

August 9, 2026
About Us
About Us

Hollywood Zing brings you the latest buzz from movies, celebrities, entertainment, and pop culture.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Meghan Markle Dropped From ‘The Gentlemen,’ Her Team Denies It

‘National Treasure 3’ Is ‘Hollywood Real’, Director Confirms

Most Popular

James Gray Learned About a Locarno Award. His Wife Mentioned the Trash

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

© 2026 Hollywood Zing. All Rights Reserved. Third-party news and media belong to their respective owners.
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.