Close Menu
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews

Subscribe to Get Updates

Subscribe to Hollywood Zing and never miss what’s making headlines.

What's Hot

Nord Stream attack suspect arrested on set of Hollywood movie about blasts

Wells Hollywood composer plans new recording studio | Local News | News | Wells Nub News

David Olive: The odyssey of Imax: how a Mississauga-based tech firm became a Hollywood juggernaut – Toronto Star

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
HollywoodZing.com
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews
HollywoodZing.com
You are at:Home»Movies»Nord Stream attack suspect arrested on set of Hollywood movie about blasts
Movies

Nord Stream attack suspect arrested on set of Hollywood movie about blasts

By Hollywood ZIngAugust 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
Nord Stream attack suspect arrested on set of Hollywood movie about blasts
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

A Ukrainian man wanted in Germany in connection with the Nord Stream explosions was arrested while working on a Hollywood movie about the gas pipeline attack starring Adrien Brody and Sean Penn, a report said Thursday.

Police in Pula, Croatia, on Wednesday detained Volodymyr Zhuravlov under a European arrest warrant put out by Germany, which is seeking his extradition.

German prosecutors say Zhuravlov is a trained diver and accuse him of helping plant explosives on the Baltic Sea energy link between Russia and Germany that destroyed three of the four pipelines in 2022.

Germany’s Legal Tribune Online reported he was arrested while working on the set for the movie “Snake Island” by U.S. director Doug Liman (“Bourne Identity”), with Brody and three-time Oscar winner Penn.

Zhuravlov worked as an advisor for the film, according to media reports.

The Ukrainian suspect had previously been held in Poland for his alleged role in destroying the pipelines.

But authorities there refused to extradite him and let him go, judging that any such Ukrainian attack would have been a legitimate act of war rather than a crime.

Poland has long opposed the Nord Stream pipelines, viewing them as an attempt by Russia to use its vast energy resources to gain leverage across Europe. Prime Minister Donald Tusk said at the time of Zhuravlov’s extradition hearing that it would not be in Poland’s interest to hand him over.

The Baltic Sea sabotage attack came months after Moscow’s February 2022 full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

German investigators believe the attack was ordered by a Ukrainian state agency with the aim of depriving Russia of future energy revenues to finance its war in Ukraine.

Prosecutors charge Zhuravlov worked closely with Serhii Kuznetsov, another Ukrainian man who was arrested in Italy last year before being extradited to Germany.

Kuznetsov faces charges of causing an explosion, damaging property, disrupting public service and being an “accomplice to war crimes” by attacking civilian objects.

The case is politically awkward for Germany and Ukraine, as Berlin has strongly backed Kyiv in its fight against Russia.

German government officials, when asked about the issue, have pointed to the independence of the judiciary.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said his government knew nothing about any plan to blow up the pipelines.

The Daily Sabah Newsletter

Keep up to date with what’s happening in Turkey,
it’s region and the world.


You can unsubscribe at any time. By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Credit: Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
Previous ArticleWells Hollywood composer plans new recording studio | Local News | News | Wells Nub News

Related Posts

David Olive: The odyssey of Imax: how a Mississauga-based tech firm became a Hollywood juggernaut – Toronto Star

August 22, 2026

LAPD investigating Nicolas Cage movie stolen from Netflix amid $105M lawsuit

August 22, 2026

The Source |Chris Tucker Confirms Talks for ‘Rush Hour 4’ and ‘Friday’ Fueling Hollywood Comeback Vibes

August 22, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Top Posts

James Gray Learned About a Locarno Award. His Wife Mentioned the Trash

August 9, 2026

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

August 9, 2026

Locarno Pro Winners 2026: ‘Spring Story,’ ‘The Surubí,’ ‘Yazz’

August 9, 2026

‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ earns USD 1.67 billion worldwide in just 10 days; ‘The Odyssey’ sets new box office record for Christopher Nolan |

August 9, 2026

15 Best Warner Bros. Movies Of All Time, Ranked

August 9, 2026
About Us
About Us

Hollywood Zing brings you the latest buzz from movies, celebrities, entertainment, and pop culture.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Nord Stream attack suspect arrested on set of Hollywood movie about blasts

Wells Hollywood composer plans new recording studio | Local News | News | Wells Nub News

Most Popular

James Gray Learned About a Locarno Award. His Wife Mentioned the Trash

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

© 2026 Hollywood Zing. All Rights Reserved. Third-party news and media belong to their respective owners.
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.