Close Menu
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews

Subscribe to Get Updates

Subscribe to Hollywood Zing and never miss what’s making headlines.

What's Hot

John Irvin, British film-maker who directed Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, dies aged 86 | Movies

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ Box Office: Movie Is Fastest to $800M

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
HollywoodZing.com
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews
HollywoodZing.com
You are at:Home»Reviews»The BBC’s damning documentary could be the end of Jared Leto
Reviews

The BBC’s damning documentary could be the end of Jared Leto

By Hollywood ZIngJuly 30, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
The BBC’s damning documentary could be the end of Jared Leto
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

It’s nine years since the MeToo movement first lifted the rock on Hollywood’s history of abuse by powerful men. But there are many awful stories still to tell – and the BBC’s new documentary, Jared Leto: Hollywood’s Dark Secret, may in time come to be seen as the latest grim addition to the entertainment industry’s hall of shame.

Director Alice McShane’s soberly told programme revolves around the testimonies of a number of women who accuse Leto – the Oscar-winning actor and frontman of rock band Thirty Seconds to Mars – of criminal sexual conduct. Their recollections are relayed from the first-hand perspective of journalist Jessica Sartenaer, who began investigating Leto, 54, after a 2025 Instagram post by DJ Allie Teilz led multiple women to accuse him of inappropriate behaviour.

The women interviewed in Hollywood’s Dark Secret were teenagers at the time of the incidents and their testimonies make for upsetting viewing. Isabel (all of the women featured have had their names changed) recalls meeting Leto at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas when she was 17. She says that Leto asked for her number and whether she would like to “hang out”. She recalls arriving at a “dingy motel”, knocking on the door and sitting on the bed; Leto asked her to wait whilst he showered. She alleges he then asked her to come into the bathroom so they could “talk”. “I don’t think there were many words exchanged and he opened the shower curtain and started kissing me,” she says in the documentary.

“And then he grabbed my hand… I don’t even know how to say this part, but he grabbed my hand and he started touching himself with my hand, like using my hand to, I guess, masturbate himself with my hand.”

The BBC also speaks to Alex, an American who moved to London in 2013 and signed to Elite Model Management. She was invited to attend a Thirty Second to Mars concert at the O2 Arena, followed by a VIP meet-and-greet with Leto after the show. She told the BBC that, later in the evening, while drunk and with her phone losing power, she was encouraged by a female assistant to join Leto, who was then 41, in a hotel, where she alleges she was threatened with sexual assault. She had told Leto she was 17 (she was actually 19), and had been led to believe that there would be a number of people present. But when she arrived, it was just him. “The assistant is a woman, so I trusted her,” she says.

Credit: Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
Previous ArticleNetflix Inks Walking Dead Universe Streaming Deal with AMC
Next Article Hollywood: BTS boycott Grammys over new Asian pop award category

Related Posts

Gig review: Hollywood Vampires / The Jesus and Mary Chain – Glasgow Hydro

August 19, 2026

Hollywood Vampires – Live Review – Scarborough Open Air Theatre

August 18, 2026

The Black Crowes, Tedeschi Trucks Band & Whiskey Myers Bring A ’70s-Inspired Guitar Showdown To The Hollywood Bowl (SHOW REVIEW)

August 18, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Top Posts

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

August 9, 2026

Locarno Pro Winners 2026: ‘Spring Story,’ ‘The Surubí,’ ‘Yazz’

August 9, 2026

‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ earns USD 1.67 billion worldwide in just 10 days; ‘The Odyssey’ sets new box office record for Christopher Nolan |

August 9, 2026

15 Best Warner Bros. Movies Of All Time, Ranked

August 9, 2026

3 Years Ago Today, We Lost Bob Dylan’s Former Guitarist, an Architect of Americana Who Scored Some of Hollywood’s Greatest Films

August 10, 2026
About Us
About Us

Hollywood Zing brings you the latest buzz from movies, celebrities, entertainment, and pop culture.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

John Irvin, British film-maker who directed Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, dies aged 86 | Movies

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

Most Popular

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

Locarno Pro Winners 2026: ‘Spring Story,’ ‘The Surubí,’ ‘Yazz’

© 2026 Hollywood Zing. All Rights Reserved. Third-party news and media belong to their respective owners.
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.