Close Menu
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews

Subscribe to Get Updates

Subscribe to Hollywood Zing and never miss what’s making headlines.

What's Hot

First AI-assisted Filipino-Chinese animated film pushes for space

Nord Stream bombing suspect to Hollywood fixer: Who is Volodymyr Zhuravlev? | Crime News

Masters of the Universe Pulls Off a Huge Streaming Comeback

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo
HollywoodZing.com
  • Home
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Box Office
  • Streaming
  • Award Buzz
  • Reviews
HollywoodZing.com
You are at:Home»Movies»Infamous 2025 Louvre heist where thieves walked off with $100 million jewellery set to be turned into film
Movies

Infamous 2025 Louvre heist where thieves walked off with $100 million jewellery set to be turned into film

By Hollywood ZIngMay 28, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
Infamous 2025 Louvre heist where thieves walked off with 0 million jewellery set to be turned into film
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

It made headlines all over the world when thieves made off with jewellery worth some $100 million from France’s iconic Louvre Museum last year. What made the heist comical was the farcical way the thieves walked inside the high-security museum and walked out casually. Now, the much-talked-about robbery is getting a film adaptation, news agency AFP reported on Tuesday.

French police officers stand in front of the Louvre Museum after robbery, in Paris on October 19, 2025. (AFP)

Louvre heist to be turned into film

French director Romain Gavras, whose work includes the 2025 Hollywood film Sacrifice starring Anya Taylor-Joy, will direct the film, drawing inspiration from the investigative book Main basse sur le Louvre (literally A grab at the Louvre), publishers told the agency.

Film rights to the book about the October 19, 2025 heist had been sold to the production company Iconoclast while rights for a documentary series were acquired by a British producer, the Flammarion publishing house said.

The book, Main basse sur le Louvre, was written by three journalists from French dailies Le Parisien and Le Monde, and weekly glossy magazine Paris Match. It is set to hit the bookstores on Wednesday. The film rights were sold even before a single copy of the book was sold, anticipating the buzz around such a film and the sales of the book.

According to trade magazine Le Film Francais, while the film is already in development, there is no update on a title. The cast has not been announced either. The producers are expected to share updates later this year. A release date or window remains uncertain till the film goes on floors.

What was the Louvre heist

On October 19 last year, thieves used the guise of maintenance workers to infiltrate the popular museum in Paris and walked away with jewels worth over $100 million. The Louvre heist sent shockwaves around the world and sparked a security crisis at the world-famous museum, ultimately leading to the replacement of its director, Laurence des Cars. After seven months of investigation, and despite the arrests of the main suspects, the jewels have still not been found.

The authors of the book said their apparent disappearance “has become a dense mystery, a puzzle that has plunged investigators into deep confusion.” They added that the heist illustrates how “the theft of artworks has become a business like any other for many criminals”, they say. “The criminal underworld has found a new cash cow.”

Credit: Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
Previous ArticleBrandy Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
Next Article Musso & Frank Grill Review: It’s Still Possible to Dine Like One of the Hollywood Greats at This Old-School Haunt

Related Posts

First AI-assisted Filipino-Chinese animated film pushes for space

August 23, 2026

Nord Stream bombing suspect to Hollywood fixer: Who is Volodymyr Zhuravlev? | Crime News

August 23, 2026

Andrew Garfield makes honest admission about leaving Hollywood

August 23, 2026

Comments are closed.

Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Top Posts

James Gray Learned About a Locarno Award. His Wife Mentioned the Trash

August 9, 2026

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

August 9, 2026

Locarno Pro Winners 2026: ‘Spring Story,’ ‘The Surubí,’ ‘Yazz’

August 9, 2026

‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ earns USD 1.67 billion worldwide in just 10 days; ‘The Odyssey’ sets new box office record for Christopher Nolan |

August 9, 2026

15 Best Warner Bros. Movies Of All Time, Ranked

August 9, 2026
About Us
About Us

Hollywood Zing brings you the latest buzz from movies, celebrities, entertainment, and pop culture.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

First AI-assisted Filipino-Chinese animated film pushes for space

Nord Stream bombing suspect to Hollywood fixer: Who is Volodymyr Zhuravlev? | Crime News

Most Popular

James Gray Learned About a Locarno Award. His Wife Mentioned the Trash

5 Box Office Bombs From The 2010s That Changed Hollywood Forever

© 2026 Hollywood Zing. All Rights Reserved. Third-party news and media belong to their respective owners.
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA / Copyright Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.